Thursday, August 31, 2006

The College Essay

The College Essay

Requirements:


250-500 words

Specific event full of description

Deadlines:

Freewrite (handwritten at least a page) on two of the prompts due Tuesday (9/5) by the end of class.

First draft typed and in class by Thursday. (9/7)

Peer review in class Thursday.

Final Draft typed and due in class Mon. (9/11)

Go to the following sites to see information regarding writing the Personal Statement/College Essay.

Getting Started

Brainstorming

Blunders to Avoid

The Essay Structure

The Writing Process

See my web page for a handout that has the college prompts to choose.

2 comments:

AndersonS6 said...

Just in case, if you want me to tell you what our prompts are this semester, I'll be happy to tell you. I'm sure everyone will love me for it.

Esspweb said...

Great post. Thanks for sharing.