Thursday, October 19, 2006

A New Direction

So many of you are wondering... What has happened to our blog? Why are we not blogging?

Well, if it was just because you wanted the points, this may not be a conselation. I want to take the blog and grow its potential. So far you have been diligently commenting and responding to my ideas and thoughts. I usually tried to link it to the class topics. I really loved some of your requests and suggestions regarding the blog. Here are a few that I plan to use to make it better:

I think a neat added dimension might include actually discussing some of the posts and responses in class.

We have to involve every topic we discuss on the blog in the classroom discussion; the blog allows for students to form a defendable position, so that we can have a reasonable and productive discussion in the class.

However, the people who blog first often have their blogs copied in different words.

I think a new dimension we need to add is maybe where students can post topics.

One thing I would like to see is some students being able to contribute posts to the blog.

We will definitely be discussing the blog posts, and I will try to do a better job of integrating your responses and thoughts into my lessons.

I will make sure that duplicate responses do not get points. As a matter of fact, responses that have not at least been proofread before you publish them, may not be put on the blog. Please self-check spelling and major errors.

Finally, the big change... I am going to be allowing student posting. For a few weeks I will ask particular people to help me with the posting responsibilities, and then I will open it up to more classes. You will get a grade for creating the post and additional points for a post that generates lots of comments and discourse. Of course, this is not your personal diary, so we would have some guidelines to creating a blog-worthy post. I am very excited to see what you guys can do.

Look for this to happen as soon as next week!


No comments: